These Appetizers would give you the right amount of #foodgasm.
#foodgasm-There would not be a single person who denies love for food. Afterall “Paapi pet ka sawal hai.” And if it is a delight to the eyes as well, it becomes more tempting than ever before.
Well, the 3-course meals have been in existence for a reason. The appetizers were the first on the list, although bite-sized are big on flavors and gorgeous on a tabletop. Just the thought of it can make your mouth water.
Without much a-do, let us share some of these magic delights which you can serve at the next party and be all praise.
FIESTA STUFFED MINI PEPPERS
- 12-18 Sweet Mini Peppers (halved and seeded)
- 8 oz package of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese or shredded Monterrey jack
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Wash and slice the peppers in half long ways. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- In another bowl mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, lime, cilantro, and garlic salt.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into each of the pepper halves.
- Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN SKEWERS
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 chicken breasts – cut into 8 one inch strips
- 8 skewers
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together honey, soya sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic powder in a bowl until combined.
- Add in cornstarch to desired thickness.
- Soak skewers in water for 10 mins.
- Feed chicken strips onto skewers.
- Marinade chicken in the sauce for 2 hours – keep a bit of marinade aside for basting while cooking.
- Lay chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook in the oven for 14 minutes. Baste as necessary and flip once at 7 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!
PARMESAN TORTELLINI BITES
- 1 (9 oz.) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini*
- 1 cup oil (varies slightly depending on pan size)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 Teaspoons of Parsley, chopped well
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook the tortellini until it’s near al-dente. Drain, and coat it generously with flour.
- Dip each piece into the beaten eggs, and then into the panko mixture.
- In a high-walled skillet, pour enough oil to cover the tortellini completely, about an inch high.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and cook the tortellini for about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. You may have to do this in batches.
- Place on a paper towel, pat dry, and serve with warm marinara sauce!
JALAPENO POPPER WANTON CUPS
- 36 wonton wrappers
- cooking spray
- 6 oz diced jalapenos (or to taste)
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray each wonton wrapper on both sides and place into a mini muffin tin. Bake 7 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cheese for topping.
- Fill each wonton cup with the cream cheese mixture. Bake an additional 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted and wonton is browned.
- Cool for about 3 minutes and serve warm.
- 2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- A package of (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- One pound ground beef or ground turkey
- Envelope taco seasoning mix or 2 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- One medium tomato, chopped
- bowl shredded cheddar cheese
- bowl shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 375° and pull out a large cookie sheet.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and layout on the ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch the perforations together to seal. Don’t worry about it being perfect; you just don’t want any big gaps.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown and cool.
- Beat together the softened cream cheese and sour cream until it’s easy to spread.
- Spread over the cooled crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes, while you’re working on the next step.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain any grease. Stir in the taco seasoning and water (according to the package directions on the taco seasoning packet.)
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pull the cream cheese/crescent roll crust out of the refrigerator and sprinkle evenly with the ground beef.
- Next, sprinkle with the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Cut into slices.