Quirky Work Ideas That Is Fun; Pays Well Too!!
While working is often viewed as a torturing process to make both ends meet, it doesn’t actually need to be so monotonous. Some jobs, well, most jobs are dull and tedious. Yet, some are Quirky Work Ideas to get fun and enjoyable. And the pay is awesome too!
Take a look at some fun jobs that get you a big fat wallet. You may soon regret not reading this earlier.
Ferrari Driving Instructor
To be paid to drive a Ferrari? Just the thought of it feels like WOW!
How Well Does It Pay? – From $90,000 to $120,000 a year
- Extensive experience in professional racing and expert training.
Video Game Player
To play video games for a living as if we are having our leisure time 24×7.
How Well Does It Pay? – $50,000 a year, dependent on the demand
- Be really good at the game. Not normal type of good but MLG level of greatness.
- Have a huge love for video games.
Private Island Caretaker
Very own piece of nature. Very own solitude. Embark on your very own adventure on an island.
How Well Does It Pay? – Up to $100,000 a year
- Good Swimmer.
- Passionate in water sports.
- Highly communicative in writing to promote the island and weekly report back to headquarters.
Turn edible things into a piece of art, preparing and styling them for photo-shoot of magazines and cookery books (You may need to brush on some tender chicken and most importantly, after all the “makeup” and “dressing”, they are still okay to eat!)
How Well Does It Pay? – $77,000 a year
- A great aesthetic sense.
- Profound knowledge of food.
Get paid by making funny voices. Wear whatever you want in the studio (Pajamas, cosplay costumes, … you name it!)
How Well Does It Pay? – Up to $80,000, dependent on the experience
- A great voice and a great control of voice.
Unexploded Ordinance Technician
Get paid to blow up things! Mostly but not letting them be blown out.
How Well Does It Pay? – A stunning $150,000 a year
- Professional Unexploded Ordinance (UXO) qualifications
Hired to legally hack into computer systems (and be proud of doing so)
How Well Does It Pay? – $100,000 to $140,000
- Certified Ethical Hacker qualification
- Global Information Assurance Certificate (GIAC) Penetration tester qualification
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) qualification
Crossword Puzzle Writer
Design your own mind-blowing crossword on newspaper and lead the readers to a maze of words.
How Well Does It Pay? – $70,000 a year
- Extensive knowledge of wide-ranging vocabulary
- Able to meet tight schedule
Video Game Designer
Unleash your creativity and make your own video game. Let the people play by your rules!
How Well Does It Pay? – Around $80,000 a year, dependent on experience
- Minimum a higher diploma in video game design or computer science. Preferably a bachelor degree.
- Enthusiasm and knowledge on video games.
Fly an eye-catching blimp all day to get your paycheck
How Well Does It Pay? – $70,000 a year
- Preferably over 1,200 hours of flight time
- A Certified Flight Instructor Certificate
- A commercial rating
Realize your kidult dream and design toys for the real kid. You actually get to create magic…….How cool is that!
How Well Does It Pay? – Approximately $70,000 a year
- A degree in any field related to toy design
- Great passion in toys and how toys make children happy
- Knowledge of toys kids at varied ages love to play
Fortune Cookie Writer
Spread your wit and wisdom by writing some one-liners that can not only appeal to but also teach others.
How Well Does It Pay? – Up to $70,000 a year
- With a tremendous amount of ideas. You have to be really prolific to make sure the 3 billion fortune cookies produced each year has a message inside.
Disneyland Face Character
Ever thought of being a Disneyland character? Now you are one. Dress up as your favorite childhood cartoon characters and what’s more? You play as them!
How Well Does It Pay? – Around $32,000 a year
- Strict height and appearance regulations
- Able to impersonate a character
- Love children and know how to cater to their needs
Totally free-of-charge dining experience. Never need to worry where to eat and the budget now.
Chefs and servers giving their best to impress you.
How Well Does It Pay? – $47,000 a year
- Outstanding culinary knowledge and sensitive to taste and aroma
- Familiar with the workflow in a restaurant
- Excellent communication (writing) skills, preferably with a degree in communication, journalism or related fields
Ice Cream Taster
An unlimited supply of the ice-cold heart-softening delicacy. Free! Free!
How Well Does It Pay? – $60,000 a year
- A degree in food science
- Extraordinary love for ice cream (as you will be having it almost every meal every day)
Closely monitor the race car performance and communicate with the driver. You are actually part of the race!
How Well Does It Pays? – $134,000 a yea
- A degree in Mathematics & Physics
- Able to work under immense pressure as half a second delayed response can cost a match
- Deep understanding of the racing industry
Drink wine and recommend them for a living. Travel around the world to source new wines.
How Well Does It Pay? – Base annual salary is around $40,000 but a master sommelier can earn up to $150,000 a year!
- Extensive knowledge of wine
- Highly sensitive to taste and smell
- Great communication skills
Social Media Professional
While you usually scroll through Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram in your spare time, you now do it at work for a living.
How Well Does It Pay? – From $55,000 to $83,000 a year, dependent on experience and duties
- Familiar with the latest trend and different social media platforms
- Extensive knowledge in marketing
Radio and Television Announcer
Working on-air life definitely, offers you a rush of adrenaline. Able to meet celebrities and politicians, and even interview them.
On some occasions, you are invited for some free food and to different events.
How Well Does It Pay? – Around $45,000 a year
- A degree in journalism, broadcasting or related fields
- Specialized knowledge is sometimes required if you are in specific domain
- Outstanding communication and able to work under immense pressure (e.g. don’t stutter and get nervous in an interview with a Hollywood star)