Reason pets are good for kids- Pet Lovers
Are you a Pet Lover? You have got kids too?? Screwed up on what to do and how to get a pet for you and your kid?? Do not worry here are some great ideas on getting your wish fulfilled with the consent of your kids:
- Teach them responsibility – When you plan to adopt a pet, let your kids know the fun they can have in caring and play with the pets. Teaching your child to care for a pet gives the child a great responsibility and can make them feel like they have the capability of handling hard tasks. This, in turn, will help you and the pet.
- Leave the choice to them– Ask your kid to choose the pet he/she is interested in adopting. Do not hesitate to listen to them and be patient in answering their questions. Always be willing to agree on their choice.
- Make them friends – Give nice introduction before the child starts to care for the pet. Give them time to get used to each other. Supervise both the child and pet to make sure there is no damage. Give your child some helpful information about the pet. Tell your child what a pet cannot eat, what pets like and what to expect of the pet.
Make an interesting task plan – Discuss with your child all the care you need to take for the pet. Make an interesting plan on what the kid is willing to do and what else can be done in an interesting way so that they do not lose interest in the tasks. Discuss with them why the daily chore is important and what the consequences are if not followed. Children always follow your actions than your words. So, be active in the care. They will definitely follow you.
- Do not hesitate to Appreciate – Do appreciate your kid on each successful responsibility he/she takes without you involving in the task. Positively reinforcing responsible behaviour rease the likelihood of it reoccurring. As time goes on and your children become accustomed to their pet-care responsibilities, you can decrease the continuous praise, but still, make a point of congratulating them from time to time so they will keep being a good pet owner.
- Introduce new ideas – Introduce new ideas, games, and toys to add motivation for your kids to continue interacting with the pet. Encouraging your children to learn as much as possible about their pet is a great way to keep them interested in all facets of their care. Do not ever cancel their play time when they are not active in their studies or exams. It might cause irritation among kids. Do not relate pet responsibilities with punishments.