Vada Pav- Mumbai’s favourite street food.
Vada Pav is every Mumbaikar’s favourite street food which has spread to other parts of the states as well. This is a fast food dish, that is really simple and easy to prepare without any hassles. Whenver we travel to Maharasthra, specially Mumbai, we will always make sure to taste the authenticity of that dish which is certainly unique.
Although it is also prepared in other regions as well but being the native dish in Maharasthra, makes the taste even more unique.
Cheese as a unique ingredient in Vada Pav.
Ever thought about adding cheese in Vada Pav? Here is what you can do and make it delicious to eat leisurely. This is indeed a unique combination but it will be really different to taste and add a new twist to the traditional Maharasthrian Vada Pav.
Ingredients and the recipe:
This dish can be served for 2-3 people and even more depending upon the quantity.
Here are the following ingredients required for preparing this unique cheese added Vada Pav.
3-4 pavs For Besan Batter–
¾ cup besan
½ tsp hing
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Pinch of baking soda
Salt, to taste 1
tsp oil Water, as required
1 tbsp oil 1 tsp mustard seeds
6-8 curry leaves ¼ tsp hing
3 tbsp ginger garlic chilli paste
½ tsp turmeric powder 1 ½ cup potatoes,
boiled and mashed Salt, to taste
6 cheese slices Oil, for frying
Sweet chutney, Green chutney
Dry garlic chutney, Green chilli
For Besan Batter–
- Combine all the ingredients for the besan batter in a bowl. Add water and mix well. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add mustard seeds. When they crackle add hing and curry leaves. Add ginger garlic chilli paste and sauté.
- Add the potatoes, turmeric powder, salt and mix well. Remove from the heat and cool. Shape into round balls.
- Now cover the balls with the cheese slices. Keep it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the vada balls from the freezer. Dip it the besan batter and coat it well. Deep fry in hot oil, till golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Slice the pav into half. Add the green chutney, sweet chutney and dry garlic chutney. Place one vada in each pav.
- Serve immediately with the chutney’s and green chilli.
Lets know know the entire process of making cheese burst Vada Pav in details. Watch this video to know more.