Street style Piri- piri.
Piri piri, peri- peri or pili-pili is a plant category of the capsicum. Firstly, it is a source of chilli pepper that grows in the wild. This plant species can also be domesticated. Also, it is a Portuguese as well as an African word. Moreover, piri- piri is used as sprinklers or powders in several food items. Because, adding piri piri powder or sprinklers will make the food, delicious.
Lets find out some of the unique ways in which piri- piri can be used for making Indian street food.
Indian street food with piri-piri.
Aloo Chilli chaat
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 boiled potatoes,
- cubed 2 green capsicum
- 1 Pomegranate 2 green chillies,
- finely chopped 1 tsp chaat masala
- Salt to taste ½ cup sweet chutney
- 6 sev puris and Piri Piri Powder
- In a bowl mix the potatoes, capsicums, pomegranate and green chillies.
- Add in chaat masala, salt, sweet chutney and mix well.
- Next add crushed puris and piri piri powder. Toss everything well and serve.
Challi style corn.
- 400 gms corn kernels, boiled 2 tbsp mixed capsicums(red, green, yellow)
- 2 tbsp butter 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Salt to taste 1 Lemon Juice
- Piri Piri Powder
- In a bowl add boiled corn, capsicum, butter, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add salt, lemon juice and piri piri powder.
- Toss everything well and serve.
Piri piri paper dosa.
- Readymade dosa batter
- Salt to taste 1 tbsp refined oil ½ cup onion rings
- 1 tomato chopped 1 tbsp. coriander
- chopped Piri piri powder
- In a bowl add the dosa batter with salt, piri piri powder and water, mix well.
- Heat a pan with a little refined oil and pour the dosa batter on it. Sprinkle Piri Piri powder on the dosa.
- Cook the dosa before adding onion rings, tomatoes and coriander. Roll it up once cooked.
- Serve hot with chutney and sambar.